The Eurocopter EC 145 (BK 117 C2) is listed as one of the best aircraft in its category worldwide, thanks to its advanced cabin design (Advance Glass Cockpit) high speed and next-generation avionics. Its quiet cabin, inter-communication between passengers and spacious comfort make it ideal for passenger transport. It can be configured for eight VIP passengers or can offer ten seats during conventionally operated flights. It’s equipped to undertake instrument flights (IFR) as well as night flights. The EC 145 can also be configured for cargo missions, both internal and external. This aircraft can be configured for medical air evacuations (MEDEVAC) Search and Rescue and off-shore operations.
This medium helicopter has achieved recognition in medical air operations thanks to the service it provides in Emergency Medical Services (EMS) in the majority of countries where it operates.
- Manufacturer: Eurocopter
- Maximum speed: 153 knots
- Average cruising speed: 125 knots
- Power: Two Turbomeca Arriel 1E2
- Number of passengers: Configuration from eight to ten
- Crew: Pilot and co-pilot
- Autonomy: Three hours
- Special operations: External cargo hook (long or short line) fire extinguishing (Bambi Bucket) Off-shore
- Navigation equipment: 2 VOR, 1 ADF, 2 GPS, GPWS, TCAS, weather radar, SKYTRAC.
- Operations: IFR